*Continuance of “My Story” starting with Blog #1: When your life flashes before your eyes in a flood gate of memories…
Wrapping it up. From start to finish my health journey took a total of 7 years. It was a PROCESS.
Yes, it was a long process, but to look at my life and heal in ALL areas (physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually) it NEEDED to happen in a longer amount of time to address all the different areas and allow healing to flow in an order my body could handle. That’s not to say that this process is ever really over, because I truly believe healing should never end IF we want to become healthier, more whole individuals, and better versions of ourselves. That’s just my opinion though.
As you read in the last blog (FULL CIRCLE!), my journey has truly come full circle. But with that being said, here’s the big picture of my journey coming FULL CIRCLE.
My life has literally went from black to white, so-to-speak. Virtually going from almost dead to living a life full of health, love, and wellness. From a sick, ill and depressed person, to one full of life, acceptance, and peace. Growing through a long season of illness and coming to wellness, my heart knew I was to share my story. It took COMMUNITY of people to bring not only me here today, but also my story.
This being said, there are some people that I would like to give some special thanks to that played vital roles on this journey. These are not only the individuals you’ve read about in my story…
- First and foremost, I’d like to give ALL the glory, honor, and praise to my Papa God. My Papa was with me through it all and ALWAYS will be in my life. My relationship with my Papa is my life, and it’s really special. To my Papa God, “I’m truly humbled beyond belief. In this journey you’ve taught me SO much. You’ve saved me not just once, but twice. I’m truly speechless of your unfailing and deeply profound love. You put my mind in awestruck wonder. Thank you for not only leading the way, but making beauty out of ashes! I LOVE YOU!”
- My Mom. Where do I even begin? She was my biggest “human” helper and supporter. She was right by my side during this whole process for which I’m eternally grateful. She prayed, cried, laughed, and helped live everyday life together as “normally” as we could. We were a team. To go through hell and back with someone because you love them so deeply and profoundly, and to never give up, but instead breathe life into them, has taught me so much. To a woman that has blessed my life in more ways than words can ever express, thank you Mama. I love you!
- My Dad. A man wants to fix things when they are broken. How can you fix something that you literally CAN’T fix? I’ll never be able to fully understand how hard it was for you, Dad, during my health battle (or my Mom) to not be able to take the physical pain away that you see as your child withers in pain. So many times he would give me a hug, put a hand on my back, apologizing for the pain. It wasn’t his job to take that pain away. But, like any dad, they don’t want to see their child hurting. My dad showed me a love that would move anyone. Thanks Dad!
- My brother. A guy that is FULL of compassion, actually, since the day he was born. I know it can sound “normal” to people when I say I couldn’t ask for a better brother, but it’s true. Our relationship is different than that of most siblings, we both know that to be true, humbly speaking. This is a guy that willingly offered a shoulder to cry on, gentle laughter to ease the burden, lighting up life, and allowing us to sit in silence and not say a word but having “the best conversation”. Thank you!
- Laurie, my special friend and Massage Therapist that was always there for me with encouragement, love, support, and kindness. Someone that is intuitive not just as body worker, but on a deeper level that just KNOWS you. Thank you, Laurie, for everything. What a blessing you are!
- My chiropractor. He always had a listening ear about what was going on in regards to my health. He helped play a role in leading me to different health professionals throughout my journey. Not to mention we always had other great health conversation. Thanks Dr L!
- Grandma Gwen. My grandma is one of only a few individuals who knew the whole truth about my health situation. Her constant prayers and love were never failing. In my later years of better health, we started talking on the phone “just because”. To this day I always look forward to our spontaneous phone talks. Love you Grandma!
- My auntie Lori. My auntie was told the truth about my health situation while we were our vacation in Hawaii. She was also one of few that knew the truth about my having P. cancer. Her encouragement, prayers, and love were stead-fast. She dropped messages here and there to check in with me (seeing how I was doing), and encouraging me. She was breathing life into me. Thank you, Lori!
- A family friend whom is like a grandma to me, Ms. Vadnae. She also prayed for me often. At times she would stop in where I worked to check in on me, seeing how I was feeling or if I needed anything. Vadnae knew just how to brighten my day, and it was not uncommon that I would find a beautiful flower arrangement on the counter desk at my office.
- Dr. Jack. WOW. What a journey it has been! You’ve truly helped change my life for the better and I’m forever grateful. Couldn’t have done it without your wisdom, knowledge, and expertise. I’m really thankful for the time we got to spend working together to reverse my health, and for all that you’ve shared and taught me through the years.
- Special thanks to many others including: The Gut Thrive in 5 Team, Dr. Tom O’Bryan (The Gluten Specialist), Prairie Acupuncture and Natural Health Center, Living Well Chiropractic, Tooth By the Lake, Healthy Kneads, Dr. R at Westside Natural Health, Eden’s Touch Therapy, Dorothy (the Reflexologist), Champion Naturopathic Health, my clients at Helping Hands Therapeutic Massage & Body Work, and for ALL the individuals that prayed for me. Thank you!
- To those that encouraged me to share my story, thank you. To those that made me think outside of the box in the way to share my story, I thank you. To those that challenged me (in a good way) of being ready to face the reality of my sharing my story in complete transparency, thank you. I thank each of you for your support, encouragement, and techi-ness.
- And to you the reader, I can’t truly express how humbled and thankful I am to have spent so much time with you in sharing my story. I hope and pray that you’ve been touched in a way that has left an imprint in your heart, soul, mind, or life. Sharing with you in raw, honest, and open heart-to-heart transparency has been such a blow my mind blessing. You’ve helped grow me more into the person I am. I want to thank you for taking the time to read, to share your messages/emails/conversations/letters/etc. with me as I share with you. I value you, your kindness, your time, your warmth and love.
In the next blog, I’ll be wrapping up my story, sharing yet one more profound heartfelt knowing that comes straight from my Papa God. It’s something that has been in the process for years, and now it’s time for it to come to fruition. So if you will, join me for one last blog when I finish sharing my health journey story with you. God bless!